Thursday 26 February 2009


This is the final design for my first character (Ape1). I wanted him to look cute by giving him a baby looking head ( a Disney favourite) and cute ears like Dopey and big expressive eyes which sub-consciously captures an innocence. His poses should capture a timid and shy character which is what Iam aiming for.










This is the final design for my second character (Ape 2) which is a lighter colour so that each character is seen clearly when next to each other. He is a confident and cheeky type of character so I have given him beady eyes like most anime characters have which capture a more aggressive expression. I want his face to be not as round which gives him an angular smile and not so cute. I have kept his ears pointy which makes him look meaner. Most apes look very similar and their coats have the same tones but I wanted my characters to be unique which is why I made thier chest hair slightly lighter to their bodies. Ape2 will not have black
hands and feet though as it makes
it hard to see what they are doing

No comments: